Search This Blog

March 1, 2010

AYAAN's RECITAL


AYAAN's RECITAL






My long wish to attend, yes ATTEND, Ayaan Ali Khan’s concert found a fulfilment.
I was beyond the seventh heaven on spotting two posters of Spic Macay’s events in city in my random browsing through them. In dilemma as I was, between Pt. Shankar’s Sitar and Ayaan’s Sarod, my wish drove me towards the latter. In spite of sitar being utmost near to me, I rushed towards the sarod. First because it was Ayaan, second because I eagerly wanted to view a performance of Sarod, and lastly because it would be a new instrument I would get to listen to live; and so I let sarod take the prestige! I then set my way to NSIT to attend his concert.

Excited as I was, in addition to being overly expecting about the performance; my enthusiasm had reasons. None of Spic’s events in campus made the last year dull and lethargic. So the upcoming events infused in an outlandish gladness in an Indian Classical Music maniac.
      
Spellbinding and enthralling! Raag Kirwani was the most touching amongst all that he played. Ending the hour’s recital with a Bengali folk, the performance was more thrilling than I had thought it would be. Truly, a live performance is way better and real than a recorded version.

Comes towards the end his nail-filing part, given that left hand’s nails’ glides on the strings is the  potion of the magic. So swiftly his nails glide on the strings,..
Was almost in love with his sarod plays!

Definitely did the concert lay an everlasting impact on me, amazing the experience was, and exquisite the performance!

No doubt, Ayaan’s to be the best sarod player the world’s got to see, and the few who’ve got to listen to!
 You've got another fan, Ayaan!

No comments:

Post a Comment